Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This was in our coupon pack from the Sunday paper. Listed as a Campbells' recipe. We thought it looked so good, we made it for dinner and loved it! It would be very easy to add your own favorite items to the filling, like jalapenos or black beans. For the chicken, I used chicken tenders and seasoned them with salt/pepper/cayenne/chili powder, then sauted in a skillet with olive oil.
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can reduced-fat cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast strips, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat monterey jack cheese, shredded (about 2 oz)
- 6 whole wheat tortillas, warmed (6-inch)
- 1 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green onion, sliced
- Stir the soup, sour cream, salsa and chili powder in a medium bowl.
- Stir 1 cup soup mixture, chicken and cheese in a large bowl.
- Divide the chicken mixture among the tortillas. Roll up the tortillas and place them seam side down in a 11" x 8" shallow baking dish. Pour the remaining soup mixture over the filled tortillas. Cover the baking dish.
- Bake at 350F for 40 minutes, or until the enchiladas are hot and bubbling. Remove cover for last 5 minutes if you like them browned on top.
- Top with tomato and onion.
This is great. We make this on the weekends for a tasty treat! We can eat the whole thing between the two of us. (not all in one sitting of course) They are great leftovers and you can freeze them too. I've used all kids of cheese and the more cheese you add the better.
Very easy...very tasty and the ingrediants I had on hand...will put this in the keeper pile!!