Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A friend made these for me and they were fabulous!
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) jar chunky salsa
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- soft taco-size flour tortillas
- Heat oven to 350.
- In skillet melt cream cheese, most of cheddar cheese and most of salsa.
- Add chicken.
- Spoon mixture into tortilla shells.
- Roll the shells, place in 9 x 13 greased pan.
- Drizzle with remaining salsa and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover and bake until hot; about 30 minutes.
I was fooled! Not really having an affinity for chicken enchiladas, I predominately made this for one of my chicken enchilada lovin' kids and was going to review the recipe totally on her observations. I've had a change of heart. I taste-tested one by brushing the tortilla with oil and placing in the toaster oven. The spicy and creamy filling is truly delicious. Bravo, Jilb...bravo! Made for PAC Spring 2009.