Recipe by BlondieItaliana
These are very easy chicken & cheese burger patties. You can use either ground chicken or turkey meat. These grill up great outdoors on the BBQ or inside on the indoor grill. My husband and I love serving these on a bun coated with BBQ sauce & a handful of "French's" fried onions and we top them with a slice of american cheese too - they are perfect that way. PS: These are super to freeze, I make a fresh batch of either chicken or turkey & always freeze about 6 or so patties. I wrap them individually in Saran Wrap, then put all 6 either in a tupperware container or a large freezer zip-loc bag as in photo.
Top Review by Hokie2589
This recipe was so incredibly delicious that my boyfriend and I had to create an account and write a review. We halved the recipe (3 patties) and followed it for the most part, but made a few changes. We added 2 slices of bacon and a giant clove of garlic. We panfried without adding extra breadcrumbs and cooked on low-med about 8-9 minutes each side. They were so tasty we didn't even use buns! Highly, highly recommend thank you!
- 1 lb ground chicken (fresh ground chicken or turkey meat)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 1⁄3 small onion, chopped (microwave with a dash of olive oil)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup dry Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Take the 1/3 of small onion chopped & put in microwave safe bowl with a dash of olive oil & microwave for 1 minute.
- Combine onion with all remaining ingredients in large bowl then shape into 6 patties.
- Grill on BBQ or pan fry with 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (if you panfry, coat burger patties individually in additionaly 1/2 cup breadcrumbs then fry they are extra crispy & tasty :-) ) You could also bake these in oven.