Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my husband's favorite. I make it so often that I have developed a handy shortcut using boneless skinless chicken breast. Lowered the fat too!!
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 6 cups water
- 4 -6 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- In a large pot boil chicken, in 6 cups water, on high heat until done.
- Remove chicken and set aside, don't dump the water.
- Dissolve boullion cubes in the reserved water add more if it seems bland.
- Mix flour with enough water to form a paste.
- Gradually add more water until the paste is dissolved and liquidy.
- Put the chicken boullion over low heat and wisk in the flour thickening.
- Cook over low-medium heat until thickened stirring often.
- Chop or shred chicken into bite size pieces.
- Add to gravy mixture and heat through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over warm biscuits.
- Leftovers freeze great!
We loved this! I had never made this kind of dish before, and didn't think that I would like it, boy was I wrong! Very easy and simple. We did have to double the flour to get the gravy thick enough and we also added some onion powder, garlic poweder and a little parsley to the gravy. I also made a sort of unsweetened belgian style waffle instead of the biscuits. Great dish that we will make again! Thanks so much for sharing this.
This was a very good dish. I made Recipe #189625 instead of biscuits. This definately fills you up. My DH thought it was great. I was in a hurry when I made it, so I don't know if the gravy thickens up more with time (I gave it about 20 mins), but it was a little too thin for me. I added 3 tablespoons of cornstarch (mixed with 1/4 c water) to it. That thickened it right up to the consistency I wanted.
We enjoyed this dish. The gravy tasted very good. I used 4 bouillion cubes. I didn't add more salt since the bouillon cubes added plenty of salt for me. Will make again. Thanks Danialle. Bullwinkle.