Recipe by Danialle
This is my husband's favorite. I make it so often that I have developed a handy shortcut using boneless skinless chicken breast. Lowered the fat too!!
Top Review by pahealthymom
We loved this! I had never made this kind of dish before, and didn't think that I would like it, boy was I wrong! Very easy and simple. We did have to double the flour to get the gravy thick enough and we also added some onion powder, garlic poweder and a little parsley to the gravy. I also made a sort of unsweetened belgian style waffle instead of the biscuits. Great dish that we will make again! Thanks so much for sharing this.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 6 cups water
- 4 -6 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot boil chicken, in 6 cups water, on high heat until done.
- Remove chicken and set aside, don't dump the water.
- Dissolve boullion cubes in the reserved water add more if it seems bland.
- Mix flour with enough water to form a paste.
- Gradually add more water until the paste is dissolved and liquidy.
- Put the chicken boullion over low heat and wisk in the flour thickening.
- Cook over low-medium heat until thickened stirring often.
- Chop or shred chicken into bite size pieces.
- Add to gravy mixture and heat through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over warm biscuits.
- Leftovers freeze great!