Prep 5 mins
Cook 28 mins
A simple recipe that can incorportate many seasonal vegitables, and looks very impressive. Chicken and a side dish all in one pan! Goes great with biscuits and white wine.
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 lbs asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup white wine (Arbor Mist works well if you like your chicken a little fruity)
- Heat olive oil in a large pan.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, and brown on both sides, about 4 minutes each side.
- Pour white wine over chicken and add asparagus. Season vegitables with more salt and pepper if desired.
- Reduce heat to simmer and cover.
- Cook until chicken juices run clear, and vegitables are tender-crisp, about 20 minutes depending on the thickness of the chicken.
Fast and very good for lunches in my restaurants but I used Merlot for a little extra flavor. Larry Schroeder Chef Abbotsford B.C. Canada
Great recipe! I did not have wine on hand, so I used chicken stock which was delicious. I also added a bit of lemon juice, basil, oregno, and garlic. It was absolutely delicious!