This recipe was actually made up by a quadriplegic guy that I used to care for when I was a private duty nurse. He would sit in his wheelchair in the kitchen and dictate every thing I was to do (even though I knew how), so that he felt like he was doing it all.
- Cut up chicken breasts into bite sized chunks and saute in a little oil or butter until cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking, prepare the alfredo noodles in a large dutch oven, following package directions.
- Steam the frozen broccoli in another pan using a steamer, or cook it in a pan until just done.** (Steaming is better for retaining nutrients.).
- When all three are done, add the chicken and broccoli to the alfredo noodles.
- Mix well and serve with some fresh French bread from the deli.
- **Another thing you can do to steam the broccoli is to place it in a metal colander, and place the colander resting inside the dutch oven over the cooking noodles with a lid over the top. Convenient, eh?
I really loved this dish, it was very flavorful and quick. I've always been a little leary using boxed anything but this came out delicious. Thanks for a keeper Miriam. Made for Pick a Chef spring 2009.