Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
An easy, good-enough-for-company, chicken dish that can be frozen. Add elegance by serving on puff pastry shells. This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled.
- 113.39 g mushrooms, sliced (or use canned)
- 158.51 ml green pepper, chopped
- 118.29 ml butter
- 118.29 ml flour
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 9.85 ml chicken, boullion
- 473.18 ml milk
- 236.59 ml water
- 591.47 ml chicken, cooked and cut up (or use canned)
- 113.39 g diced pimentos, drained
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Sautee mushrooms and green pepper until peppers are crisp tender. Remove from heat.
- Add flour and pepper - return to heat and simmer on low until bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Add boullion, milk and water. Increase heat slightly and bring to a slow boil. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir in chicken and pimento. Heat through.
- At this point, you can serve the ala King over baked puff pastry shells, toast, mashed potatoes, or rice.
- OR allow to cool, then freeze for up to 1 month. To prepare when frozen, allow to thaw in refrigerator overnight, then heat thoroughly in microwave or stovetop. Enjoy!