Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) packagefrozen peas and pearl onions, thawed and well drained
- 2 tablespoons pimiento, chopped and drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt, optional
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces.
- Place in slow cooker.
- Using a medium bowl, stir soup, flour and pepper until blended.
- Pour over chicken but DO NOT STIR.
- Cover and cook on Medium for 2 and 1/2 hours or on LOW for 5 to 5 and 1/2 hours or until chicken is very tender.
- Stir in peas and onions, pimiento, paprika celery salt, if desired and cayenne pepper.
- Cover and cook for 20 to 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Serve over rice or in patty shells.
- Serve with fresh fruit.
I also say-a winner! I omitted the pimento and added sliced scallions. I used cream of mushroom soup and canned peas. Excellent!
Yummy ! I used cream of chicken soup, and added 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper with the chicken to replace the pimento (didn't have any). I also used fresh sliced onions and added 1/2 t sage. Very easy crockpot dish. We had it in patty shells with herbed tomatoes as a side. Very good dish! Thanks, RecipeNut, another winner!
There must be something missing. I made it exactly to the recipe but it is NOT the creamy Chicken Ala King I remember. It is too dry with not much sauce. My husband loves Chicken Ala King but HATED this recipe.