Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 2 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I got this from a cookbook put out by the Paducah chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha. It is so easy and delicious, and smells so great when coming home from work!
- Place roast in crockpot.
- Add 4 boullion cubes.
- Empty packet of Italian dressing mix over roast.
- Pour entire jar of pepperocini peppers (DO NOT DRAIN) over roast.
- Cook on high for 5-6 hours.
- Using two forks, pull meat apart until it gets that "shredded" look.
- Pile on hoagie rolls, add cheese and/or sauteed onions and peppers if desired.
While this seems like a tasty sandwich there are some major things wrong with this recipe. First, in chicago we never " shred " our beef it's always thinly sliced. Second, we would never put Italian dressing, mix or wet on our beefs ( that's a cardinal sin here). Third, never would you find anyplace in Chicago that puts peperoncini peppers on our beefs, only sweet peppers or giardiniera. While this seems like a good beef sandwich please don't call it chicago style.