Recipe by cans4fun
I got this from a cookbook put out by the Paducah chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha. It is so easy and delicious, and smells so great when coming home from work!
Top Review by tonyapainter
While this seems like a tasty sandwich there are some major things wrong with this recipe. First, in chicago we never " shred " our beef it's always thinly sliced. Second, we would never put Italian dressing, mix or wet on our beefs ( that's a cardinal sin here). Third, never would you find anyplace in Chicago that puts peperoncini peppers on our beefs, only sweet peppers or giardiniera. While this seems like a good beef sandwich please don't call it chicago style.
- 1814.36 g beef roast
- 28.34 g Good Seasons Italian dressing
- 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 453.59 g jarsliced Greek peppers (pepperocini)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place roast in crockpot.
- Add 4 boullion cubes.
- Empty packet of Italian dressing mix over roast.
- Pour entire jar of pepperocini peppers (DO NOT DRAIN) over roast.
- Cook on high for 5-6 hours.
- Using two forks, pull meat apart until it gets that "shredded" look.
- Pile on hoagie rolls, add cheese and/or sauteed onions and peppers if desired.