Prep 8 mins
Cook 12 mins
Simple recipe. No forming balls or dropping them on the sheet, simply cut into squares after cooked. So easy! Cook for 12 min at 350 degrees
- 236.59 ml butter
- 354.88 ml white sugar
- 1 egg
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 473.18 ml flour
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 473.18 ml raisins or 473.18 ml craisins
- 295.73 ml oatmeal
- Cream together butter and sugar, beat in egg and vanilla.
- Sift together flour, b.soda and salt and add to moist mixture then add raisins and oatmeal.
- Pat evenly into two greased cookie sheets (it's ok if the mixture is crumbly).
- Bake for 12 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Cut into squares before they have cooled completely.
- TIP: If they are left in the oven too long and become hard, simply place a piece of bread in the cookie container and the moisture from the bread will soften up the cookies!
This was soo much fun to make with my 2.5 year old son! we added about 1/3 cup of dark brown sugar to ours and it was amazing!! i think next time we will add chocolate chips and no oats, because this is a great base for either cookie, THANK YOU <3