Recipe by BIG_CHIEF
Very simple, but tasty!
Top Review by cagneybella
This was delicious however I made several changes. I used two 3oz boxes of jello and two cups hot water. I used one can fully drained fruit cocktail w/more cherries. My husband doesn't care for pineapple. One can of cherry pie filling (I bought premium for more cherries). Neither of us care for cool whip so I mixed together 8oz of softened cream cheese, 12 oz of sour cream, 1/4 cup of sugar and teaspoon of real vanilla used for topping. We like nuts so I added pecan halves. We also had company for dinner and everyone enjoyed.
- 2 (3 ounce) boxes cherry Jell-O, small, any variety of cherry
- 1 (20 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- Cool Whip (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Use a loaf-style pan. Glass is best, but metal works, too.
- In the pan, mix jello with 1 cup boiling water until jello is completely dissolved.
- Mix in 1 cup cold water.
- Stir in the cherry pie filling.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Cherries will settle on top.
- Add a dollop of cool whip to each serving, if desired.