Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Very simple, but tasty!
- 2 (3 ounce) boxes cherry Jell-O, small, any variety of cherry
- 1 (20 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- Cool Whip (optional)
- Use a loaf-style pan. Glass is best, but metal works, too.
- In the pan, mix jello with 1 cup boiling water until jello is completely dissolved.
- Mix in 1 cup cold water.
- Stir in the cherry pie filling.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Cherries will settle on top.
- Add a dollop of cool whip to each serving, if desired.
This was delicious however I made several changes. I used two 3oz boxes of jello and two cups hot water. I used one can fully drained fruit cocktail w/more cherries. My husband doesn't care for pineapple. One can of cherry pie filling (I bought premium for more cherries). Neither of us care for cool whip so I mixed together 8oz of softened cream cheese, 12 oz of sour cream, 1/4 cup of sugar and teaspoon of real vanilla used for topping. We like nuts so I added pecan halves. We also had company for dinner and everyone enjoyed.
Made this for Thanksgiving and everyone loved it so much we are having it again at Christmas. Simple to make, but looks pretty since the cherries settle at the top. Thanks Chief!
Hey BIG_CHIEF, I made this dessert the other day, and absolutely loved it! I put the ingredients into one 8x8-inch square baking pan, and served the jell-o with dollops of Cool Whip. Hubby thought it was a bit tart, especially the canned cherries, but I didn't think so. I look forward to making this dessert again in the near future. Thank you BIG_CHIEF for posting this quik 'n easy dessert recipe, as it was really delish!!!