Recipe by Jellyqueen
I came up with this in order to salvage a dry pound cake. I didn't want just plain old pie filling so I doctored it up a little and it came out very good.
Top Review by Bev
This is delicious and a very simple way to serve dessert. I made Kittencal's Ultimate Cream Cheese Pound Cake recipe #78552 to be served with this recipe, so I started with an incredible, homemade cake to begin with ; ) The cherry topping was an excellent compliment to the pound cake! I will love to serve this again! Loved it, JellyQueen!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups diced poundcake or 2 cups angel food cake
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium sauce pan, melt the butter.
- Add the pie filling and vanilla extract.
- Cook until heated through and thickened, about 3 or 4 minutes.
- Place diced pound cake in seperate dessert dishes and top with pie filling mixture.
- Serve immediately.
- NOTE: Could also top with whipped topping.