This is a really great dessert, plan ahead this needs to chill for a minimum of 3 hours or overnight is even better.
- Prepare a 9 x 9" baking pan.
- In a bowl, mix the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and 1 tbsp sugar; spread on bottom of prepared baking pan to form a crust.
- Mix the Dream Whip topping according to directions on the package, then beat in the softened cream cheese into the Dream Whip a little at a time.
- Add the remaining sugar and vanilla until well blended.
- Smooth on top of the crust.
- Top with the cherry pie filling.
- Chill at least 3 hours (overnight is even better) if storing in the fridge overnight, cover with plastic wrap.