Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a really great dessert, plan ahead this needs to chill for a minimum of 3 hours or overnight is even better.
Top Review by tdassance
Because I am always short on time, I make mine a little different. I use the already made Philadelphia Cheesecake filling (found in the cream cheese area). I also buy the graham cracker crust already made so all I have to do is put the cheesecake filling in the crust, put the cherries on top, then I top it with cool whip. It tastes about the same, but if you are in a rush, it is very easy to do this way.
- 1 3⁄4 cups crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 2 cups whipped dream whipped topping (1 envelope)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (28 ounce) can cherry pie filling
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare a 9 x 9" baking pan.
- In a bowl, mix the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and 1 tbsp sugar; spread on bottom of prepared baking pan to form a crust.
- Mix the Dream Whip topping according to directions on the package, then beat in the softened cream cheese into the Dream Whip a little at a time.
- Add the remaining sugar and vanilla until well blended.
- Smooth on top of the crust.
- Top with the cherry pie filling.
- Chill at least 3 hours (overnight is even better) if storing in the fridge overnight, cover with plastic wrap.