Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a really great dessert, plan ahead this needs to chill for a minimum of 3 hours or overnight is even better.
- 1 3⁄4 cups crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 2 cups whipped dream whipped topping (1 envelope)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (28 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- Prepare a 9 x 9" baking pan.
- In a bowl, mix the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and 1 tbsp sugar; spread on bottom of prepared baking pan to form a crust.
- Mix the Dream Whip topping according to directions on the package, then beat in the softened cream cheese into the Dream Whip a little at a time.
- Add the remaining sugar and vanilla until well blended.
- Smooth on top of the crust.
- Top with the cherry pie filling.
- Chill at least 3 hours (overnight is even better) if storing in the fridge overnight, cover with plastic wrap.
Because I am always short on time, I make mine a little different. I use the already made Philadelphia Cheesecake filling (found in the cream cheese area). I also buy the graham cracker crust already made so all I have to do is put the cheesecake filling in the crust, put the cherries on top, then I top it with cool whip. It tastes about the same, but if you are in a rush, it is very easy to do this way.
This was quick and easy and so yummy. The only bad thing was I ate most of it myself! LOL I had all the ingreds. on hand and the only hard part was waiting for it to chill, needless to say, mine didn't make it overnight. Thanks Kitten for your great recipe.
Yum, yum, YUM! Ha. This was super simple to make and turned out great. It wasn't too rich, just lovely and light and full of flavour. Will definitely be making this again!