Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 22 mins
Found this recipe in a Pillsbury Appetizer and Dessert Cookbook. Made 2 of them for a birthday brunch party and everyone raved about them and thought I slaved all day over them....Easy and look wonderful. I used the Pillsbury Crescent recipe creactions seamless dough sheets, but you can use the regular crescents just press perforations to seal.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Grease cookie sheet with shortening. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in almond extract, almonds and cherries; set aside.
- Unroll dough onto cookie sheet: press into 13 X 7 inch rectangle, firmly pressing perforations to seal. Spoon cream cheese misture lengthwise down center of 1/3 of rectangle.
- On each long side of dough rectangle, make cuts 1 inch apart to edge of filling. Fold opposite strips of dough over filling and cross in center to form a braided appearnace; seal ends.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix powdered sugar and milk until smooth; drizzle over coffee cake. If desired, garnish with additional sliced almonds and cherries. Store in refrigerator.