Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Enjoy this recipe from 101 Homestyle Favorites Cookbook. I haven't tried it yet but I wanted it here for safekeeping!
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook cherries with their juice until boiling; remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, one cup sugar, milk, baking powder and salt.
- Spread butter in a 2-quart casserole dish or in 4 to 6 one-cup ramekins; pour flour mixture over butter.
- Add cherries; do not stir.
- Sprinkle remaining sugar over top.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Serve warm, garnished as desired.
Great recipe! Easy & delicious! I didn't need to go through the cooking process and sprinkling the sugar on top at the end because I used a 21 oz. can of Cherry Pie Filling. I have also made this with Strawberry Pie Filling. My hubby LOVED it! Thanks for sharing!
Great recipe! Was looking for a quick dessert to use a can of Royal Anne cherries I had in the pantry. Omitted the sugar on top since the cherries I used weren't sour. Rich and buttery with a nice cripsy top and cakey cobbler underneath. Perfect alone or with ice cream. The family really enjoyed this recipe. I'm sure it would be good with other canned fruits like peaches, as well. Thanks for sharing the recipe!