Recipe by senseicheryl
Enjoy this recipe from 101 Homestyle Favorites Cookbook. I haven't tried it yet but I wanted it here for safekeeping!
Top Review by chongsah
Great recipe! Easy & delicious! I didn't need to go through the cooking process and sprinkling the sugar on top at the end because I used a 21 oz. can of Cherry Pie Filling. I have also made this with Strawberry Pie Filling. My hubby LOVED it! Thanks for sharing!
- 15 ounces canned sour cherries
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- vanilla ice cream (optional) or whipped cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook cherries with their juice until boiling; remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, one cup sugar, milk, baking powder and salt.
- Spread butter in a 2-quart casserole dish or in 4 to 6 one-cup ramekins; pour flour mixture over butter.
- Add cherries; do not stir.
- Sprinkle remaining sugar over top.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Serve warm, garnished as desired.