Enjoy this recipe from 101 Homestyle Favorites Cookbook. I haven't tried it yet but I wanted it here for safekeeping!
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook cherries with their juice until boiling; remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, one cup sugar, milk, baking powder and salt.
- Spread butter in a 2-quart casserole dish or in 4 to 6 one-cup ramekins; pour flour mixture over butter.
- Add cherries; do not stir.
- Sprinkle remaining sugar over top.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Serve warm, garnished as desired.