Recipe by ThatJodiGirl
This is an easy and delicious kid and adult pleasing dessert, you can add cinnamon or your favorite spice to the batter to give it a different flavor or use blueberry or apple or any fruit filling really.
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks) or 1 cup margarine (2 sticks)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 can cherry pie filling
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs.
- Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract.
- Stir in flour and baking powder.
- Mix until smooth.
- Butter a 13 x 9 inch cake pan.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Spoon pie filling into the batter, in about spacing 4 spoonfuls evenly in each direction.
- Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden and cake is done.
- Note; filling will sink into the cake while baking.
- Serve with Whip cream, Cool Whip, powdered sugar or vanilla ice cream.