Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is an easy and delicious kid and adult pleasing dessert, you can add cinnamon or your favorite spice to the batter to give it a different flavor or use blueberry or apple or any fruit filling really.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs.
- Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract.
- Stir in flour and baking powder.
- Mix until smooth.
- Butter a 13 x 9 inch cake pan.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Spoon pie filling into the batter, in about spacing 4 spoonfuls evenly in each direction.
- Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden and cake is done.
- Note; filling will sink into the cake while baking.
- Serve with Whip cream, Cool Whip, powdered sugar or vanilla ice cream.