Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is an easy and delicious kid and adult pleasing dessert, you can add cinnamon or your favorite spice to the batter to give it a different flavor or use blueberry or apple or any fruit filling really.
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks) or 1 cup margarine (2 sticks)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs.
- Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract.
- Stir in flour and baking powder.
- Mix until smooth.
- Butter a 13 x 9 inch cake pan.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Spoon pie filling into the batter, in about spacing 4 spoonfuls evenly in each direction.
- Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden and cake is done.
- Note; filling will sink into the cake while baking.
- Serve with Whip cream, Cool Whip, powdered sugar or vanilla ice cream.
I doubled this i also used 2 cans of cherry pie filling. It cam out really well , will make this again .Kids and hubbt really injoyed it
Not my favorite, too dry.
We liked it. It came out real good. A little dry perhaps but we just topped with plenty of Cool Whip.