Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
From 'Serve It With Grace," submitted by Carol Wissolik. I like cherries with chicken but haven't tried this one yet. Maybe you'll try it first!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 (1 lb) can dark cherries, pitted, with juice reserved
- 1 cup sauterne white wine
- Combine dry ingredients in a plastic bag.
- Shake and coat the chicken.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and once it is heated, brown the chicken slowly.
- Place the chicken in a baking dish.
- Combine the cherries with their juice and the wine and pour over the chicken.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 30-45 minutes until done.