This is a simple cheesecake recipe that I sometimes bring to family occasions. I am posting this recipe for my cousin Amy since she requested the recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the cream cheese in a bowl in the microwave.
- Microwave it on the defrost setting for a couple of minutes to slightly soften the cream cheese (This is so that you don't kill your mixer when beating the cream cheese).
- Add sugar to cream cheese and beat it with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add eggs and vanilla and blend until smooth.
- Pour into ready made crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Note: The cheesecake is done when the sides are puffed- The center will not be as puffed- It will be possible to jiggle the center slightly but it will not be runny.
- Let cool.
- Top with cherry pie filling and chill.