Recipe by NanaD
In the 1950's, when cake mixes first came out, there was only chocolate, white or spice. To make something special, I came up with this.
Top Review by joannamorris
THANK YOU!! This is a five star recipe! PEOPLE RAVE OVER THIS CAKE!. I've made it several times and everyone wants the recipe. I made homemade Cream Cheese Icing and of corse added the cherries and some juice. Delicious! What a great find!! 5 STAR'S *****
Thanks Again, JOANNA
- 510.29 g box white cake mix
- 78.07 ml vegetable oil
- 4 egg whites (or 3, per cake mix directions)
- 295.73 ml water (*see directions)
- 226.79 g jar maraschino cherries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease or Spray bottom of two 8 or 9 inch cake pans.
- *Drain juice from cherries and add water to make 1 1/4 cups.
- Chop cherries in half.
- Beat cake mix, cherry juice/water, oil, egg whites and cherries in large bowl on low speed 30 seconds; beat on medium speed 1 1/2 minutes
- Pour into pans.
- Bake 30- 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pans.
- Run knife around sides of pans before removing.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- A White Mountain icing is very good.