Recipe by Rita~
Easy! Can be prepared up to putting on the grated cheese. Then just pop into the oven when needed to be heated up.Great for the holidays because it can be prepped before hand.
Top Review by TGirl,RN
Fabulous!!! I made the recipe exactly as written, and couldn't be more pleased. The taste reminds me slightly of a cheddar broccoli frozen side dish by Bird's Eye, or Green Giant..only so much better! The onions and garlic add a layer of flavor that definitely perks this recipe up. With the addition of rice, this recipe was our starch and vegetable for tonite's dinner. I really couldn't be more pleased..this recipe is a breeze to assemble, and the taste is just wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing...this will definitely be served regularly at our house! It really is terrific !! Thanks again!! Teresa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced thinly
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 packages broccoli, thawed
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup Cheese Whiz
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated romano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions and garlic in oil for five minutes till slightly browned.
- Add rice saute for 1 more minute.
- Mix in broccoli and place into baking dish.
- Heat milk soup, cheese, stock and butter.
- Stir to blend together.
- Pour over broccoli.
- Bake covered at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Uncover top with breadcrumbs and bake for 10-15 more minutes till top is browned and rice is tender.