Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe comes from a recipe swap I was in online through my rubber stamping group. It is a family favorite of stamper unscrappymama.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 summer squash, sliced
- 1 tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 red sweet bell pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced oregano
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- Combine vegetables in a baking dish.
- Sprinkle with oregano; pour on tomato sauce.
- Bake uncovered in preheated 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.
- Top with Mozzarella cheese and bake an additional 4 to 5 minutes, until cheese melts.
These are easy -- and delicious! Even though I have fresh oregano outside in the garden, I used Pampered Chef's Italian Seasoning Mix instead. TIP for peeling tomatoes: bring a medium saucepan filled with water (enough water to top a tomato when dunked in it) to the boil; remove from heat and stick a tomato that you've speared with a fork in the near boiling water for 10 minutes; it will easily PEEL! Thanks, margainegeiser! Made for Aussie New Zealand Recipe Swap.
Great way to use up those extra summer veggies! Goes together quickly and is great as a side dish or would be something that my family would enjoy as a light main dish. My veggies were not cooked through after 25 minutes - DS did not like them baked as directed; next time I'd bake another 5-10 minutes at least. I followed the directions and didn't mix the oregano or tomato sauce into the veggies which was interesting. This is a very simple dish that really highlights the veggies without overpowering them with seasonings. Made for PAC Spring 2008.