Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This quick easy and delicious meal is a real pleaser. Who knew something so simple could be so good! Recipe from one of those monthly Pillsbury ones you buy at the grocery store checkout.
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (10 oz)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped packaged pre- cooked bacon (about 8 slices)
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 teaspoons red pepper sauce, if desired
- 12 (1/4 lb) frozen ground beef burgers (3 pounds)
- 12 slices bread or 12 hamburger buns, if desired
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. In a small bowl, mix all ingredients except patties.
- When grill is heated, place frozen patties on grill. Cover grill and cook over medium heat 4 to 8 minutes, turning once, until meat thermometer inserted in center of patties reads 160°F.
- Carefully top each patty with about 1/4 cup cheese mixture; cook covered 4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve on toasted bread.
We loved the sauce. It is wonderful and the red pepper sauce really makes it that much better. I probably will add more of it next time because we enjoy the heat. My DH kept trying to figure out what was in it. When I told him, he said something like "RRRLLLYYMMY" which I think meant "really yummy" mixed with a mouthful of burger! haha. Thanks for a really different way to serve burgers that is GREAT!
Although we may have clogged our arteries with this one it was well worth it. They were perfect! I did make my own hamburgers just ground beef, salt and pepper. But the sauce just melts perfectly and it doesn't need anything else. I had one and my son and DH ate 2 eacha nd I heard them growling or something. That means they were GREAT! Haha!