Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great thick Taco Stew for a cold day. Perfect for bread bowls!
Make and share this Easy Cheesy Taco Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (1 ounce) packet dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 (1 ounce) packet taco seasoning mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans, mild, undrained
- 16 ounces mild salsa, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, undrained
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel, undrained, mild
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, cut into chunks
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup water, mixed with
- cornstarch, to thicken stew
- Brown beef, breaking into small pieces.
- Add all other ingredients except cheese.
- Stir and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add more water if needed.
- Add Velveeta cheese and stir until it melts.
- MIx Water and Corn Starch, pour slowly into soup untill you get it as thick as you want.
- You can adjust the "heat" of this by replacing the can of diced tomatoes with another Rotel to make it spicier (I do this but beware - it is very spicy), or make it milder by using mild Rotel or 2 cans of regular diced tomato. This is a very versitle recipe. Tweak it to fit your tastes.