1/1 Photo of Easy Cheesy Taco Stew
A great thick Taco Stew for a cold day. Perfect for bread bowls!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (1 ounce) packet dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 (1 ounce) packet taco seasoning mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans, mild, undrained
- 16 ounces mild salsa, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, undrained
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel, undrained, mild
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, cut into chunks
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup water, mixed with
- cornstarch, to thicken stew
- 1Brown beef, breaking into small pieces.
- 3Add all other ingredients except cheese.
- 4Stir and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- 5Add more water if needed.
- 6Add Velveeta cheese and stir until it melts.
- 7MIx Water and Corn Starch, pour slowly into soup untill you get it as thick as you want.
- 8You can adjust the "heat" of this by replacing the can of diced tomatoes with another Rotel to make it spicier (I do this but beware - it is very spicy), or make it milder by using mild Rotel or 2 cans of regular diced tomato. This is a very versitle recipe. Tweak it to fit your tastes.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Cheesy Taco Stew
Serving Size: 1 (521 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 906.2
- Calories from Fat 396
- Total Fat 44.0 g
- Saturated Fat 23.1 g
- Cholesterol 166.7 mg
- Sodium 3549.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.6 g
- Sugars 19.9 g
- Protein 55.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dry ranch dressing mix