Recipe by bunkie68
This is another one from my Somersize mailing list. It's good for Level 1, in spite of the small amount of flour it contains.
Top Review by Peetie
I tried this for the first time last night. I wanted to cut the recipe in half so I only used 1 pound of ground meat and I substituted ground turkey for ground beef. I also only used 2 eggs instead of 3, but I kept all the other quantities and amounts the same. It turned out really good and I will definitely be making this again for our weekly "Mexican Night".
- 1 cup chopped onion
- olive oil, for browning meat
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 3 eggs
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (more if desired)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in medium skillet.
- Saute onion in olive oil until soft.
- Brown ground meat with onion.
- When meat is almost cooked through, add taco seasoning.
- When meat is cooked completely, drain off grease and set aside to cool.
- In a large casserole dish, beat eggs.
- Open diced tomatoes and drain the juice off into a small mixing bowl.
- Add the flour to the juice of the tomatoes and mix well until the lumps are gone.
- Add flour/juice mixture to eggs and stir well.
- Add shredded cheese to egg mixture.
- Add ground beef and tomatoes to egg mixture and stir well.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 1 hour, or until set and cooked all the way through.
- You can top with a layer of shredded cheese halfway through cooking time if desired.
- Serve topped with salsa and sour cream, if desired.