Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
An easy appetizer dip.
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut up
- 1 (10 ounce) canrotel diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 8 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled
- Cut 1 lb. Velveeta cheese into 1/2 inch cubes; place in a large, microwavable bowl.
- Add spinach, thawed and well-drained, cream cheese, diced tomatoes and chilies and bacon.
- Microwave on high for 5 minutes or until Velveeta is completely melted and mixture is well-blended, stirring after 3 minutes.
- Serve hot with tortilla chips or assorted cut-up fresh veggies.
I used 4 oz of cream cheese because that's all I had, and I didn't notice the difference. However, I must confess I added a few extra slices of bacon. I also used fresh spinach instead of frozen, and this is good!
I saw this in the Food & Family magazine too - and it was great! Very creamy and a little spicy. I used the 2% Velveeta and 1/3 less fat cream cheese. I also made it once with veggie bacon from Morningstar Farms substituted for the meat when some vegetarian friends were over, and they gave it a thumbs-up as well. Thanks for posting it!
This was very good. I left out the bacon as am a vegetarian. Thanks for a great recipe.