1 hr 20 mins
Cathie, Chef #533286's Note:
I made this for my Mum last night, and it was awesome. My husband who is not a big fish fan really enjoyed it as well. I used a packaged rice pilaf but you could probably use long grain and wild rice, or other flavours that you like with a chicken or vegetable flavour base. You can use any type of white fish fillets, I made it as shown below.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Grease a 9x13-inch glass baking pan.
- 3Prepare rice (pilaf, broccoli cheese, long grain and wild or other flavour) according to package directions (butter need not be added) and spread into bottom of baking dish.
- 4Distribute 1 cup of grated cheese over the rice.
- 5Saute sliced mushrooms about 10 minutes or until just cooked and put in single layer over grated cheese in casserole.
- 6Arrange raw spinach leaves over layer of mushrooms.
- 7Saute diced onion in a bit of oil until it begins to soften and sprinkle evenly over spinach.
- 8Arrange fish over the onion layer and sprinkle with pepper.
- 9Top with remainder of cheese and bake for 40 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Cheesy Sole Florentine
Serving Size: 1 (403 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 517.1
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 150.5 mg
- Sodium 463.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 56.9 g