Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Recipe #3 - I think i should be called the Ground Beef Queen. I use it in almost all my recipes! This meal can be mild or spicy, depending on your salsa and how many cans of green chiles you use. I am a mild kinda girl so I only use one. But feel free to use two, three or four!!:) Enjoy!!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced green chilies
- 1 jar salsa (mild, hot, medium, your choice!)
- 1 bag shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 white onion, diced
- Cook your ground beef w/ the onions and drain.
- Add your chiles and salsa.
- Let simmer on stove for about 5 minutes.
- Top w/ shredded mexican cheese.
- Enjoy on rice or with tortilla chips!
- Salt & pepper to taste, or any seasoning you prefer. I like to use a packet of Goya Sazon and add it to the ground beef while its cooking!
I prepared this as directed and served it over rice. I also added shredded lettuce on top. I think it would be better served with tortilla chips because it needs the salt they would provide. I appreciated the ease of preparation; it just wasn't as tasty as I thought it would be.
Great dish - loved the quick and easy way this dish went together. Especially loved thee fact that you can finish it in the same pan you start it in. We didn't even bother with the rice or chips. Just ate it all by itself. My only suggestion would be to edit the recipe and add the statement to salt and pepper to taste.
This was OK for a quick weeknight supper. I added refried beans and served mine over chips, DH ate it by itself with a fork.