Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another recipe from the Pillsbury Quick and Easy Cook Off contest. I haven't tried this yet, but will be making it soon. Looks delicious!
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese (2 cups)
- 1 cup old el paso thick 'n chunky salsa
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (24 ounce) package frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking dish or pan.
- In large bowl, combine cheese, salsa, onion, sour cream, soup and pepper; mix well.
- Add potatoes; mix well.
- Spread in greased dish.
- In small bowl, combine bread crumbs and butter; mix well.
- Sprinkle over potatoes.
- Bake at 350°F.
- for 45 to 60 minutes or until cheese is melted and potatoes are tender.
Very tasty! Would make a great potluck dish. I had a partial bag of hash browns to use up so made half the recipe (but used the full amount of pepper). Ran out of breadcrumbs so just sprinkled what I had on top (a couple Tbsp) and skipped the butter. Also used light sour cream and low fat cheddar. Baked the half recipe in an 11x7 pan for 45 minutes. Thanks for posting this Brenda!
Oh wow, these potatoes were packed with flavour. I made them to take to a pot luck at work. they were a hit. Thanks for posting this Brenda.