Recipe by juniperwoman
This is slightly altered from a Better Homes and Gardens cookbook, and it looks fantastic! The cookbook said you can use tuna in the place of the salmon if you prefer. Either way, yum!
Top Review by SeaDawn
This gets 3 from the DH & DD but a 4 from me as it went from pantry to table in under 20 mins which is *awesome* when our days get out of control! (and bonus of no fast food nor 'pizza ... agaaaaain?') I used 2c. whole wheat rotini/penne, 2c. frozen broccoli, salmon not tune, and substituted 3/4 t dried basil for the dill since I was out. I also ran the veggies in the microwave w/ a smidge of water and some dehydrated onions since we didn't have green onions on hand. I'll probably add more pepper next time though a white/black blend since even DD added more and she's not a huge pepper user. Thanks for saving my sanity tonight! =)
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (10 ounces)
- 1 1⁄2 cups corkscrew macaroni
- 2 green onions, sliced (1/2 cup)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (6 ounce) cans salmon, drained (skinless, boneless)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan, cook frozen vegetables, pasta, and green onions in boiling water for 10 to 12 minutes, or just until pasta is tender. Drain well.
- Return pasta to pan. Stir soup, milk, dried dill, mustard, and pepper into pasta mixture. Gently fold in salmon or tuna. Cook over low heat until heated through.