Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
I was craving soft pretzels and cheese when I thought this one up. First I tried just melting some American cheese--that didn't work, but after a few trial and errors I came up with this easy cheese dip with simple household ingredients.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 7 slices American cheese
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat melt butter, then add cornstarch.
- Slowly pour in the milk. Stir continually until milk thickens.
- Once it has thickened add salt and American cheese. Continue stirring until cheese has melted.
- Once cheese has melted add mustard to mixture.
- Serve with soft or hard pretzels and enjoy.