Recipe by BrendaM
A great way to do potatoes when you have the barbecue going!!
Top Review by DeSouter
I also found this needed a bit more time than noted. Couldn't be easier, especially the clean up. Very tasty and it's a plus that it requires basically no attention at the time when you are focusing on grilling meats.
- 6 potatoes, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium high heat and lightly oil grate.
- Take a piece of aluminum foil big enough to hold all the potatoes and vegetables and spray with the vegetable cooking spray.
- Place the potatoes, onion and green bell pepper in the middle of the foil and season with salt and pepper to taste, then place small pats of the butter or margarine over the vegetables.
- Carefully seal all the edges of the foil around the vegetables to form an enclosed packet (Note: Double wrapping will help to prevent any burning.) Grill over medium high heat for 20 minutes, then flip over and grill for 10 more minutes.
- Carefully open packet, check for tenderness with a fork.
- If tender, sprinkle the cheese over the vegetables and allow it to melt.
- Transfer to a platter and serve with your main entree.