Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A simple take on potatoes au grautin.
Make and share this Easy Cheesy Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1 medium white onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter (1/2 a stick)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Slice the potatoes very thin.
- Place half of the sliced potatoes in a oiled 2 quart casserole dish.
- Place half of the sliced onions on the next layer.
- On top of that sprinkle half of the salt, pepper, and dried parsley.
- Now place a layer of 1/2 cup of your cheddar cheese.
- Repeat the last four steps (3-6) making another layer of each.
- Cover the dish and bake 15 min or until potatoes are tender.
I make potatoes similar to this so knew we would enjoy these. Made a packet of aluminum foil for these potatoes and cooked them on the grill. I used 2 large baking potatoes that I cut in half and then sliced thinly. Very tasty and easy side dish! Made and reviewed for mikekey's Cooking with Herbs Tag Game - Parsley for August.
This was a very delicious side dish that I served with herb-roasted chicken breasts. It was very tasty, and so so simple to make. This is definitely a "keeper" and will be made quite often at my house. Very yummy! Made for 2009 Spring PAC.