Recipe by Shaman Chef
A simple take on potatoes au grautin.
Top Review by godsjoyfulkid
This was tasty. However, I was a little confused when I was making it as I could not find anything in the directions that said what to do with the butter. I ended up melting it and drizzling it on each layer. It worked, but ended up being rather greasy. I would probably halve the butter. We didn't have any parsley, so we substituted herb de Provence, which was nice. Also decreased the amount of onion due to my husband's personal preference, and it still ended up being a fair bit of onion. Overall, I think I would make this again.
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1 medium white onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter (1/2 a stick)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Slice the potatoes very thin.
- Place half of the sliced potatoes in a oiled 2 quart casserole dish.
- Place half of the sliced onions on the next layer.
- On top of that sprinkle half of the salt, pepper, and dried parsley.
- Now place a layer of 1/2 cup of your cheddar cheese.
- Repeat the last four steps (3-6) making another layer of each.
- Cover the dish and bake 15 min or until potatoes are tender.