Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe I obtained from my mom. She has made it for years to rave reviews. Though I have eaten it many times when she has served it, I just made it for the first time the other day. I can see why she has relied on it, as it is so quick to prepare but tastes delightful! I am sorry that I do not know what cookbook it derives from, but the title of this recipe is indeed, "The Grandchildren's Favorite Recipe." I can attest to that as when I made this for a family meal my nephews ages 5 and 22 months inhaled it.
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped finely
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 lbs frozen shredded hash browns, thawed (The Ore-Ida package is 30 oz., We buy that, as it's 1 lb 14 oz and it works fine)
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl mix soup and cheese.
- Add onion and sour cream.
- Blend together.
- Fold in thawed potatoes.
- Spread into a greased 9x13" baking dish.
- Sprinkle grated parmesan cheese on top (My mom and I like to do a generous topping of parmesan, but a sprinkling will do as well).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until lightly browned on top.