Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
One pan!Quick prep!I don't remember where it came from but it really is great!
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 large white onion, cut up
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- milk (enough to fill up can)
- olive oil (enough to brown pork chops in)
- salt and pepper
- Using an electric frying pan, brown pork chops in olive oil.
- Remove from pan.
- Lower heat and add can of cheese soup, then fill can with milk and add that inches.
- Stir with whisk until smooth.
- Add pork chops, potatoes and onion.
- Bring temperature up to simmer.
- Simmer covered for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve in a casserole dish.
- (Very rich & delicious!).
I made a few changes because of the comments others made. I seasoned my chops with pepper and season salt. I also only added about a half a can of milk and added about a tablespoon of garlic. I also used two cans of diced potatoes as I didn't feel like cutting potatoes. I also topped this with about a cup of shredded cheddar cheese. The boys and I liked this but hubby didn't. I too think as written the recipe would be a bit bland. I thought it was good with the changes made.
I took this from a recipe suggestion that you posted in the forums when I asked for pork chop ideas and THEY WERE GREAT! Very easy, very quick and quite yummy. My kids loved them (which is a plus) and they stayed really moist even after I had to let them cook a little longer. Thanks for suggesting this recipe! It will stay in rotation in our house for a while, I'm sure. I did add a little seasoned salt after reading some of the reviews but our family was really happy with this dish. Thanks for posting!
Yum.. so quick and easy.. instead of adding potatos to the pork chops, I made mashed potatoes and spooned the cheese sauce over the potatoes.. definate keeper.