Recipe by Ppaperdoll
From an old Pillsbury cookbook. I suppose you could use your own pizza crust recipe as well. Toppings can obviously vary according to taste.
Top Review by Ms B.
Instead of refrigerated pizza crusts, I used frozen bread dough that I had thawed and rolled into the individual portions. The foil method of grilling really helps to prevent burned crusts on the grill. We added onions and mushrooms to our pizzas and had a very simple dinner on the patio with tossed salads.
- 1 (10 ounce) canrefrigerated prepared pizza crust
- 1⁄2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 1⁄2 ounces pepperoni, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 small green pepper, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 6 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Grill Directions: Heat grill. Cut eight 6 inch squares of heavy duty foil. Double-layer foil squares to make a total of eight squares. Spray with non-stick cooking spray. Cut dough into quarters and place one portion on each foil square. Press out with fingers to make a 5 inch square. Top each with 2 Tbsp sauce, 1/4 pepperoni, mushrooms, green pepper, and cheese.
- When ready to grill, place pizzas on foil directly on gas grill over medium heat or charcoal grill 4 to 6 inches from medium-low coals. Cook 12 to 16 minutes or until crust is deep golden brown and cheese is melted. Use a wide metal spatula to remove pizzas from grill.
- To oven cook: Heat oven to 425°F Grease 2 cookie sheets. Cut dough into quarters and place 2 squares on each cookie sheet. Prepare pizzas as directed above and back for 12 to 16 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.