Recipe by GaylaV
I couldn't think of anything I wanted on a cold winter day. I was all by myself so this comfort food was made for only 1 person. Feel free to pick the frozen veggies that you like. I like crunch so added some French's Fried Onions. It definately hit the spot (a very generous serving). I think I will try an expanded version for the family soon.
Top Review by looneytunesfan
I made this for my dinner tonight because I know my kids do not like peas & carrots mixed in with their food. Well imagine my surprise when all three "fan" kids came in a scooped themselves a bowl of it leaving me with just a couple of tablespoons. Looks like this is a keeper.
- 1⁄2 cup pasta (I used small shells)
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas and carrot
- 2 teaspoons butter (or margarine)
- 2 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 -3 tablespoons French's French fried onions (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta for 4 minutes.
- Add the frozen veggies and continue cooking for another 4 minutes after it returns to a boil. (Cook until the pasta is the way you like it).
- Drain the water from the pot.
- Add the butter and velveeta cheese.
- Add the milk and stir until cheese has melted.
- Pour into a serving bowl and top with the onions. (optional).