Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is so simple but its always a favorite at parties. Variations are almost endless with the choices of salsas available these days. You get to choose hot or mild, chunky or saucy. Personally I love the chunky chipotle kind.
- Cut the cheese up into 1 inch cubes.
- You can either put them in a bowl and use the microwave or just dump them in the crock pot.
- If using the microwave melt the cheese, stir in the salsa and heat for another minute.
- In the crockpot pour the salsa on the cheese cubes and stir after it has cooked for 10 or 20 minutes on low.
- I usually make a double recipe and keep the other half in the fridge after its cooked for snacking at home.
We liked this but I like the Rotel better. I made 1/4 the recipe and added enough salsa to bring it to the consistency that we wanted. Served this with chips. A good salsa is a must in this recipe. Thanks for sharing. Made for Spring PAC 2013.
I started out with 1 cup of salsa and discovered that the amount of Velveeta and salsa was not to our liking. I ended up adding an additional cup of salsa and we liked that much better. I served this initially as a dip and used the leftovers for the cheese sauce on nachos.