Prep 45 mins
Cook 25 mins
You just can't get any easier that this!Prep time is mostly rise time.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs defrosted pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse salt (optional) or 1 pinch salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons rosemary or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Italian spices
- Lightly grease a pizza pan or large baking sheet.
- Without trying to completely cover pan surface, evenly pat out dough until 1/2 inch (1 cm) thick.
- Spread oil over top of dough.
- Evenly sprinkle with cheese, hot red pepper flakes and salt.
- Let rise, uncovered, until doubled, from 15 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C).
- Then, using your index finger, poke holes in bread right down to pan, about 1 inch (2.5 cm) apart.
- Bake in centre of preheated oven until golden, about 25 minutes.
- Slide bread off pan and onto a cooling rack.
- FOR FOCACCIA:.
- Replace cheddar with 1/2 cup (125 mL) Parmesan cheese.
- Omit hot red pepper flakes.
- Sprinkle with 1-1/2 tsp (7 mL) rosemary or Italian seasonings.
I made the focaccia style & used it for Nif's Recipe #383430. Very delicious! Made for Went to Market Tag
This is a nice and easy bread recipe. I took the focaccia path and enjoyed the combination of parmesan, olive oil and seasonings. I will probably use a little less parmesan next time. This is great as an appetizer or with any pasta dish - thanks for sharing!
So easy. Tasted good. Next time, I'll add more cheese, though. My kids thought the appearance, with finger holes all over, was very funny.