1/1 Photo of Easy Cheesy Noodles
1 hr 15 mins
Well, the name says it all except how good it tastes! This has a secret ingredient that tastes good and adds nutrition too. Submitted for RSC#18.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces egg noodles (1/2 pound)
- 1 1/2 cups 10% cream (half and half)
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, grated (I love sharp)
- 2 ounces monterey jack cheese, grated (or other cheese of choice)
- 1 medium parsnip, diced
- olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (more or less to desired heat)
- 3/4 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1Roast parsnip:.
- 2Cut parsnip into small cubes and place on baking sheet. Drizzle with a couple teaspoons of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt. Toss to coat and bake at 400*F. for about 15-20 minutes, until browning on the edges and tender.
- 3Meanwhile, cook the egg noodles in boiling water for about 8-9 minutes(al dente). Drain well.
- 4In a small pan, heat the half and half and plain yogurt until hot(don't let boil) Turn off heat.
- 5Heat a skillet and add 2 tbls. butter, stirring with a whisk to melt.
- 6Add the yogurt mixture, remove from heat and stir until smooth.
- 7Add cheeses, roasted parsnip, salt, pepper, nutmeg and red pepper flakes. Add the cooked noodles, stir well.
- 8Pour mixture into a 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- 9Melt the remaining 2 tbls. butter and combine with the fresh breadcrumbs. Sprinkle over top of casserole.
- 10Bake 30-35 minutes, until bubbly and top browned.
- 12Note: Add some shaved cauliflower(roast with parsnips last 10 minutes), peas, grated onion, or other vegs. to give more nutrition and flavor.
Browse Our Top High Calcium Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Cheesy Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1161.4
- Calories from Fat 601
- Total Fat 66.8 g
- Saturated Fat 40.3 g
- Cholesterol 252.0 mg
- Sodium 998.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 96.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 44.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: