Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Gotta love white enchiladas, so cheesy and tasty. Was determined to create a non-dairy recipe so I could still enjoy these. Great to serve these with beef and bean enchiladas and a spanish rice and / or salad.
- 6 small white corn tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup tofutti sour cream (non dairy)
- 1⁄2 cup tofutti better-than-cream-cheese (non dairy)
- 1 (5 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1⁄2 cup non-dairy cheddar cheese (Daiya)
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) can refried beans
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2. Spread can of refried beans in the bottom of a small casserole dish.
- 3. Combine all the ingredients except for the refried beans in a bowl.
- 4. Heat smaller sized skillet until fairly warm. Put one corn tortilla on skillet for about 30 seconds to a minute and then turn. At this point it should be fairly soft. Move to a plate then put another tortilla on the skillet. While that one is heating, put about 2 heaping teaspoons of mixture on tortilla and roll. Place on top of refried beans. Repeat until you've filled all the tortillas. Try to keep some of the mixture until the end, and then spread the remaining mixture on top of all the prepared enchiladas. (* Note: you want to work fairly quickly as don't want the tortillas left on the skillet too long or they will harden. Also microwaving the tortillas for about 30 seconds to a minute works well too).
- 5. Cover with tin foil and back for 45 minutes.
- (To make the beef and bean enchiladas, just brown the beef and add onion until cooked. Add package of taco seasoning and 1/2 cup of water and let it simmer for about 20 minutes. Just add 1/2 of the mixture with 1/2 can of refried beans and make them the same way I made the white enchiladas. And for the spanish rice, I just use the other 1/2 of the mixture and add it to rice, stir it together, cover it with foil and bake it for the same time as the enchiladas).