No boiling. No laying out sticky, cooked noodles to cool. And I love the little zing you get from the Italian Sausage. I hope you enjoy this too!
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb Italian sausage (mild)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 (24 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) package ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 (8 ounce) package lasagna noodles (extra wide)
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a sauce pan, heat oil to medium high heat. Add garlic and onions, and reduce the heat to medium low to sweat until translucent.
- Return pan to medium high heat. Brown beef and sausage. Drain and return to skillet.
- Stir in marinara sauce and water. Remove meat mixture from heat.
- In a small bowl, combine ricotta, parmesan and basil.
- In 9x13-inch baking dish, layer one-third of the meat mixture, half of the uncooked lasagna pieces, half the ricotta mixture, and half the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers once, ending with meat mixture.
- Cover tightly with foil. Bake 1 hour.
- Uncover. Sprinkle with additional parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Let stand 10+ minutes before serving.