Recipe by Sara E.
My daughters love to cook and this is a recipe they learned from their grandma. Easy to make and delicious.
Top Review by NebraskaRN
I needed a quick recipe for some cheesy potatoes to go w/ our charcoal cheeseburgers, and these were perfect. They actually were done before the burgers!! I added an extra potato but ended up with leftovers, so the suggested amount would have been perfect. And no one could believe they came from the microwave. It was delicious!! I added some pepper, garlic salt, and minced onion to spice it up a bit. Thanks for posting!!
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and thinly slice potatoes.
- Coat bottom of 2 quart microwave dish with 3 tablespoons of butter.
- Layer 1/2 of potatoes, 1 cup cheese and 3 tablespoons of butter.
- Add next layer 1/2 potatoes and top with 1 cup cheese.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add a thin layer of milk in bottom of dish, about 1/4".
- Cover dish with plastic wrap.
- Microwave on high for 10 minutes.
- Let sit 5 minutes before serving.