Recipe by Sarah Elizabeth
The Mexican tasting casserole is SO delicious. In comparison to eating at a Mexican restaurant, it's also much better for you. I will give the basics, but there are so many other ingredients you could add to this! This recipe has been adapted from a Kraft Foods Recipe to make it healthier.
- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 473.18 ml thick & chunky salsa
- 425.24 g can black beans
- 59.14 ml fat-free Italian salad dressing, zesty
- 29.58 ml taco seasoning mix
- 236.59 ml fat free sour cream
- 226.79 g package 2% mexican cheese blend
- 4 flour tortillas, burrito size
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT oven to 400 degrees.
- BROWN meat and drain. (Since I buy lean meat, I like to add a Tbsp of salsa while I'm browning to give it a little more juice.).
- DRAIN and rinse beans.
- MIX browned meat, salsa, seasoning, and beans.
- PLACE 2 flour tortillas on the bottom of a glass casserole dish. (the edges will go up the sides slightly).
- TOP the tortillas with half of EACH of the meat mixture, cheese, and sour cream.
- PLACE the other 2 tortillas on top and repeat the layer.
- COVER with foil.
- BAKE for 30 minutes covered.
- REMOVE foil cover.
- BAKE 10 more minutes uncovered or until cheese is melted.