Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The Mexican tasting casserole is SO delicious. In comparison to eating at a Mexican restaurant, it's also much better for you. I will give the basics, but there are so many other ingredients you could add to this! This recipe has been adapted from a Kraft Foods Recipe to make it healthier.
- PREHEAT oven to 400 degrees.
- BROWN meat and drain. (Since I buy lean meat, I like to add a Tbsp of salsa while I'm browning to give it a little more juice.).
- DRAIN and rinse beans.
- MIX browned meat, salsa, seasoning, and beans.
- PLACE 2 flour tortillas on the bottom of a glass casserole dish. (the edges will go up the sides slightly).
- TOP the tortillas with half of EACH of the meat mixture, cheese, and sour cream.
- PLACE the other 2 tortillas on top and repeat the layer.
- COVER with foil.
- BAKE for 30 minutes covered.
- REMOVE foil cover.
- BAKE 10 more minutes uncovered or until cheese is melted.