Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This recipe is so easy that I can put all the ingredients on the same shelf in the refrigerator and have my husband throw it together on soccer practice nights. It can also easily be assembled and refrigerated to pop into the oven after work. I keep wondering what it would be like as leftovers, but there is never any left!
- 680.38 g lean ground beef
- 354.88 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 340.19 g jar salsa
- 236.59-354.88 ml breadcrumbs (depends on salsa style)
- 118.29 ml shredded cheddar cheese (to garnish) (optional)
- Mix all ingredients EXCEPT the cheese for garnish together.
- Shape into loaf.
- Place in baking dish.
- Place in 350 oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- I usually cover the meatloaf for the first 45 minutes.
- Top with reserved shredded cheese and cover or return to oven until cheese melts nicely.
My husband and I liked it. I used the full amount of breadcrumbs- he said he liked that it was firm. He asked that I use a spicier salsa next time- I had used mild. Will also top with salsa and cheese the last 15 minutes of cooking next time
Made Easy Cheesy Meatloaf for dinner tonight and four of five DD loved it! (DD #5 is a vegetarian) DH also thought the flavor was great, and we have plenty left over for samwiches for lunch tomorrow. We will definitely have this again.
This was a good recipe... But you need to cook it for 1 hour and forty five min instead of a hour and a half. but it was really good.