Recipe by PetesNina
This recipe is so easy that I can put all the ingredients on the same shelf in the refrigerator and have my husband throw it together on soccer practice nights. It can also easily be assembled and refrigerated to pop into the oven after work. I keep wondering what it would be like as leftovers, but there is never any left!
Top Review by didyb
My husband and I liked it. I used the full amount of breadcrumbs- he said he liked that it was firm. He asked that I use a spicier salsa next time- I had used mild. Will also top with salsa and cheese the last 15 minutes of cooking next time
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs (depends on salsa style)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients EXCEPT the cheese for garnish together.
- Shape into loaf.
- Place in baking dish.
- Place in 350 oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- I usually cover the meatloaf for the first 45 minutes.
- Top with reserved shredded cheese and cover or return to oven until cheese melts nicely.