Recipe by Aimchick
I made this for dinner last night and it was fantastic. I did not cook the pasta either.
- 14 manicotti, uncooked
- 3 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shredded basil leaves
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (25 1/2 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In a skillet, sautee onion and garlic in olive oil until tender.
- add ground beef and cook until browned.
- Set aside.
- in a bowl combine ricotta, parmesan, 1 cup mozzarella, and basil.
- Add ground beef mixture to the cheeses and combine.
- In another bowl, mix spaghetti sauce and water together until evenly mixed.
- Spray an oven safe baking dish with cooking spray.
- Pour 1/3 cup of sauce in the bottom of the pan and cover bottom.
- Fill each pasta tube with cheese and beef mixture, either by hand or with a pastry bag and place in bottom of pan.
- Cover with sauce and remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake covered for 1 hour and uncovered 20 minutes.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.