Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Yummy, creamy comfort food.
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3 cups milk (more if needed)
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, grated (pepper jack would also be good)
- 500 g pasta (I used lumaconi- extra large macaroni-type noodles)
- Cook pasta and drain, set aside.
- Melt margarine, add flour and whisk until well blended.
- Add 2 cups of milk, heat until thickened (about 4 mins in the microwave, stopping half way to whisk).
- Add more milk to thin, if needed and add cheese.
- Stir until cheese is melted, heating again if needed.
- Add more milk to thin, if desired.
- Pour cheese over pasta, top with additional cheese and breadcrumbs, if desired, bake at 350 until bubbly.
Made this for SPRING PAC 2010 and this is quite an easy dish to prepare. I used the cheddar cheese, half the monterey jack cheese and half pepper jack cheese for a little kick. Very Good!!! Thank you for an easy recipe and a tasty one.
Made this for my boys and they liked it. I followed the recipe exactly as written. I liked that the sauce was made in the microwave. Freed up my burners for other things.
This recipe is absolutely great. Love the monterey jack cheese. Made exactly as directed and I would not change a thing. Made for PAC Fall '09